Halloween is in the air. We are planning a spooktacular playdate with our friends, and one of the activities will be to play with slime. We have been “cooking” this recipe of slime for a few days now. And everybody agrees, the process of preparing the slime is as fun as to play with it.
First time we made the slime, my daughters were really surprised by the result of the recipe, that gooey substance, which creeps on your hands, was a new experience for them. Now they are more used to the feeling of touching the slime and they like the idea of experimenting with new colors or smells. After each slime session, we keep the slime in a container to keep it moist.
- 1 cup of water
- 4 ounce (120 ml) glue.
- 1 teaspoon of Borax.
- Food coloring and/or powder spices like cinnamon or cardamom.
- Pour the glue in a bowl.
- Dissolve the Borax in 1 cup of water.
- Add the food coloring. Let your kids be creative choosing the color orange, black, green. If you use transparent glue the slime will be translucent.
- Add the Borax solution to the glue. The slime will begin to form immediately; stir it with some cooking utensils first and then with your hands.
- If there is any leftover water in the bowl, pour it out.
Have you try any other slime recipe? Which one is your favorite?. Leave a comment.